Alignment: (defn) a position of agreement or alliance
Meaning: you are finally ‘at one’ with yourself
I’ve been hanging about with coaches and entrepreneurs for the past year. It’s been a mixed year, every emotion possible has popped in at some point. Light and shadow, it’s made it’s appearance. Which is wonderful! because it is in the contrast in life, in our experiences and within ourselves, that we learn, make choices and find our truth and alignment.
Now that we are coming to the end of the year, it’s a huge time for reflection and of course planning for 2016. But I’ll get to the planning part later. Let’s go deeper into the reflection.
Reflecting on 2015…
- It was my first year creating my coaching business.
- All year I supported myself by being in business programs or working with 1:1 coaches or mentors
- I created all the nuts and bolts for my online business
- I wrote the first draft of my book (after thrashing most of the rev 0)
- In addition to paying clients, I did many free coaching sessions and webinars
- At the end of the year, I lead my first in-person workshop – The Art of Empowerment.
- It had been a year since I wrote the outline for the workshop to actually doing it.
- It was a almost four years to the very day since I sat attending my first spiritual / personal development workshop wondering what the heck I had let myself in for !
- I’m ending the year with a huge feeling of clarity and being totally aligned with what I do and teach. Definitely a milestone!
And this is the journey that it took me get really clear on my message and get started proper!. It took every bit of that experimenting and writing to get the clarity. I truly believe that there are no shortcuts in this phase. Perhaps there are none in life!
In fact, it’s often what people struggle with; the lack of clarity. That big question of ‘what is it that I really do ?’. It’s kinda like the classic question of ‘what will I be when I grow up?’ for entrepreneurs and coaches.
In many ways, I am gifted with and grateful for my ‘big story’ i.e. the painful part of my life where I was just a tad emotionally lost. Others have said it is easy for me, because that story and more so the lessons I learned getting out of it, is now what I teach. That’s the clarity. While this is true, the work done in the years getting out of that story are not to be underestimated!
Alignment is when you can see your story and tell it with love and detachment. It no longer touches you, but inspires others.
You can only see the lessons in it when you are truly out of it and beyond it.
Alignment is when you have found peace.
For everyone there is a ‘story’. The story is the story of finding alignment. The only thing that is different between us is that very story of what brought us to finding our alignment. Our journeys on the outside may look differently. The inner journey is pretty much the same; healing, releasing and forgiving – to bring us to self-love at a deep level. That’s alignment.
When we can find self-love and love the story that brought us to it, we have alignment.
Once we can bring that outwards in a big way, that’s alchemy. Watch this space!